Swatches

OPI – Green-Wich Village (and a rant)

Tuesday, 8 June, 2010

It’s sounds truly silly, but I had been having a hard time finding this color. Most of my nail polish sellers didn’t sell it and I wasn’t going to buy OPI online. I went to my nail polish man here in California and BAM! he miraculously had one bottle of my good greenness.

I bought it, totally excited.

What a let down. The formula was runny. The brush was so freakin’ messed up I couldn’t paint my nails to save my life. This took FOREVER and a day to dry. I literally waited an hour between two coats. What did I get for that wait? BUBBLES. Yes, it BUBBLED. After almost 3 hours, I was ready to throw this nail polish bottle at the next person who cut in front of  me on the freeway without using their signal. I hated the application of this polish THAT MUCH. Never has a nail polish ever incited such blind rage.

However, that aside, I am starting to really dislike OPI’s brushes. I tweeted the other day that I have about 50 some odd bottles (and after I had looked at my spreadsheet, it’s a little over 100) of OPI and about 7-10 of them have wacked out, jacked up brushes that really mar application. OPI, if you’re going to bitch about quality control and distribution, make sure your brushes in your bottles are good. No other brand has ever had such crap brushes as OPI. What gives? Seriously…what gives? I’m not joking anymore. Ok, rant done.

Now on to the hideously disappointing pictures of Greenwich Village.

Look at those bubbles. 🙁 They make me sad.

Oops! Out of commission for a little bit.
Congrats!

You Might Also Like

No Comments

• Reply aaminahs mom Tuesday, 8 June, 2010 at 5:06 pm

nice whats that green opi on the right side of your banner me likes. what up with that etailer no news yet. i really like your blog, you seem like good peoples and thats a blessing in these times…. take care ttyl

• Reply carinaeletoile Tuesday, 8 June, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Hi, aaminah!

Aww…thank you. 🙂

That color of OPI is called Call My Celery and it’s really, really sheer. Plus, the bristles in that brush are messed up. I was so annoyed that I didn’t even bother to swatch it when I put it on. 🙁

The etailer told me he still is working on the site because they are taking their own pictures, etc. He said it’s really hard. I can only imagine. Hah.

• Reply Jo Tuesday, 8 June, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Wow, it sounds like the formula and packaging really sucks! That’s unfortunate 🙁

• Reply Rebecca Tuesday, 8 June, 2010 at 10:57 pm

It’s a shame about the formula because your pictures make it look really good!

• Reply Lauren Wednesday, 9 June, 2010 at 7:19 am

If you really like the color but want a better formula you should try Nina Ultra Pro- Leaf Me Alone. They are dupes.

• Reply patience Friday, 11 June, 2010 at 9:48 am

thank you for the heads up about OPI, im not great at doing my nails myself:( ido like the color and see why you were excited

• Reply Glockoma Sunday, 20 June, 2010 at 4:38 pm

It sucks that you got stuck with a bad brush and a bad formula. I have this colour, and it must be a different batch because the formula was smooth like butter. Don’t know about the drying time because I always use a fast-dry top coat and it seemed to have an average dry time.