It’s time for me to have a giveaway…and really, it’s been long overdue!
Remember this beauty? I wrote about her earlier!
Well, I’m having a giveaway of this gorgeous gal! A million thanks to Kim at Overall Beauty for making this possible. Also thanks to Saints of Ruin‘s Ruby Ruin for hatching this bitchin’ bad ass color.
Here’s how you can win this pretty little shade called Glampyre…You can have a total of ten (10) chances to win this color.
1. Follow me on Twitter and re-tweet this: Follow @carinaeletoile on Twitter and RT to win BB Couture’s Saints of Ruin Glampyre http://wp.me/pUcSL-K7 (+1 with a maximum of +3 for up to 3 tweets only. If I don’t see it in my timeline, it doesn’t get counted.)
2. Follow me on GFC (if you’re already a follower, you’ve got an entry!) (+3)
3. If you can, be my friend on Yelp! carinam.yelp.com (+1)
4. Leave a creative, funny, yet non-offensive comment on this entry on why you want to win this color. (+1)
5. Add me to your blogroll and blog about this giveaway – please email me and provide a link to your blog to qualify. (+2)
6 Last but not least, this is open to any and all who are over the age of 18.
7. This is an international giveaway! Woo hoo!!!
8. Finally, contest ends on Wednesday, May 11, 2011, at 11:59pm PST.
Anyway, Kim from Overall Beauty sent me this package and said I should get it in a few daysâ€¦try the next day! All hail USPS that can haul butt like that. 😉
I literally squeed with glee when I opened the package: a full sized bottle ofÂ a color that was created for a band called Saints of Ruin (www.saintsofruin.com) commemorating the release of their new album due out soon called Glampyre. Incidentally, that is also the color name of the polish, too! Their lead singer, Ruby Ruin, helped create this color that I love wearing. I’m a dark nail polish kind of gal. I googled them and they were described as a Bay Area goth bandâ€¦and the long dead goth girl in me did a happy dance. Iâ€™m a huge supporter of all things Bay Area and especially if theyâ€™re good. If you havenâ€™t had a chance to listen to their music, please give them a shot â€“ you wonâ€™t be disappointed.
Check out the pretty things I got from Kim at Overall Beauty â€“ www.overallbeauty.com
I bought this (and I normally would never willingly buy yellow polish, by the way) because it was such a pretty yellow in the bottle. It still is. However, someway, somehow my skin tone has managed to mangle and make this color look so pathetically awful on me.
Formula: a bit on the runny side so I tried to make up for it to get an opaque shade…using 3 very heavy handed coats. It’s why you will see bubbling on the ring finger. Oops. My bad. I love how BB Couture’s polish dries quickly and this was no exception – barring my ring finger, of course. 😉
BB Couture has, once again, nailed it with their formula. Two applications and this didn’t bubble. If only all polishes could be like this. Polish brush isn’t jacked up like that-company-that-shall-not-be-named. 😉
I love shades of blue like this. This particular one is a creme with some very fine glitter in it thrown for good measure. I’ve received a bulk of nail polish from BB Couture and I find I am never really happy with their glitter polishes. I don’t know what it is and I can’t put my finger on it, but it bothers me. I don’t want to make them sound like amateurs, but I definitely prefer their cremes and their shimmers but not the glitter. Sorry for all the BB Couture fans out there. I don’t mean to upset you.